If you are interested in supporting some of the causes, legacies, and institutions mentioned in Wandering Dixie: Dispatches from the Lost Jewish South, consider donating to the following nonprofit organizations:
- Voting rights and social justice: The Andrew Goodman Foundation.
- Preservation and support of small Jewish communities throughout the South: The Institute of Southern Jewish Life.
- Preservation of buildings, cemeteries, documents, and sacred objects of small-town synagogues whose membership is dwindling: The Jewish Community Legacy Project.
- Restoration and preservation of Temple Mishkan Israel in Selma, Alabama: GoFundMe Campaign.
- Preservation of Temple B'nai Israel in Natchez, Mississippi: The temple's legacy campaign.
- Preservation of the Julius Freyhan School and the old Temple Sinai in St. Francisville, Louisiana: The Freyhan Foundation.